Included in Collections:
- 1 pkg New Breed Grounds, crumbled
- 1 pkg New Breed Sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar favorite tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 TB sweetener
- oil, for sautéing
Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Add New Breed Grounds and Sausage and cook for about 7 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on a low simmer for about 20 minutes.
For Cheesy Ricotta-Style Filling:
- 1 firm block of tofu, crumbled
- 3/4 cup plant-based cream cheese, softened
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and incorporate well. Set aside.
Bag of favorite plant-based mozzarella
9 lasagna noodles
Fresh Parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 375.
Begin assembling lasagna by placing meat sauce on the bottom of an oiled 9 x 12 baking dish. Add three dry lasagna noodles. Add more meat sauce And a layer of the cheesy ricotta style filling. Add a hefty sprinkle of the plant-based mozzarella. Repeat another layer until complete. Top with meat sauce and additional mozzarella and chopped parsley. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 45 min. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 min or until you can easily pierce a knife through the dish.
Remove foil and allow lasagna to cool for at least 30 min.
Serve and enjoy!